Meet Jill Meents
Jill has been a top-producing Loan Officer and President's Club member for Bell Bank Mortgage since joining the company in 2005, and has been originating mortgages in the Twin Cities area since 1983.
She takes pride in having helped thousands of homeowners purchase or refinance their homes, lake homes, and investment properties. Jill partners with each client to create and manage a mortgage that fits into their personal financial plan. Similarly, she understands that a client's home is one of the biggest investments they will make in their lifetime; the mortgage is a financial planning instrument that must be integrated into a client's entire financial plan. Jill will create a mortgage strategy that builds wealth for her client and their family.
During her free time, Jill enjoys spending time with her family and friends, and two Jack Russell Terriers, both at the lake and around her South Minneapolis home. Jill shows the same dedication and passion with her work and clients at Bell Bank Mortgage as she does with her family and friends.
Our process is smooth and simple from start to finish:
- Talk with me. I will work with you to help you determine your financing options and answer all your questions.
- Apply Online. Complete your mortgage application at your convenience through our online application.
- Work together through final approval. From the time your application is received, I work with you to ensure you move through the process checkpoints to final approval.
- Closing on your loan. Prior to loan closing, I will review the Closing Disclosure, funds needed and documentation to bring to close with you. On closing day the final documents are signed at the title company and you receive the keys to your new home!
Home Financing Calculators
- Should I refinance?
- How much will my fixed rate mortgage payment be?
- How much will my adjustable rate mortgage payments be?
- How much will my payments be for a balloon mortgage?
- Should I rent or buy?
- Which mortgage is better for me?
- How much will I save by increasing my mortgage payment?
- How much mortgage might I qualify for?
- How much home can I afford?
- Should I consolidate my loans?
You pulled off an amazing feat and did it with the utmost level of professionalism. Thank you for helping us get our dream house!! Job well done!!! Enjoy the treats! You deserve it! Thanks again for making our dream a reality. We really appreciate it and couldn't have done it without you! Thanks again!
Paul and Jackie
Thank you so much for your help over the last three months with buying my new home. I'm getting settled in and really am loving it! It's beginning to feel like MY home. I appreciate how you made the process SO easy and logical! Thanks so much again!
Thank you so much for the Twins schedule magnet. I have been following the Twins since the 60s! Its great to have the schedule so I can listen to the games! Thanks again!
I just want to say thank you for all of your help. This has been such an amazing process. I am so glad I had you on my team! :-) Thanks again!
Thanks to Jill's Mortgage Rate Analysis, and specifically her question about my comfort level, I not only got the tax benefit of the mortgage interest deduction, but I also have the ability to pay an extra $1,000 on the principal balance each month. The most fun is seeing the balances reduce. It's a better savings program than I could have invented!
About Super Mortgage Professionals
Jill Meents was named to the 2016 list of Super Mortgage Professionals, independently chosen by the homeowners they serve and approved by industry leaders. This annual list is compiled by Twin Cities Business, Minneapolis-St. Paul magazine and Crescendo Business Services, an Eagan-based market research company. It includes only about 130 mortgage professionals who successfully navigate mortgages.
Mortgage professionals named to the list were graded on customer service, integrity, market knowledge, communication, closing preparation, finding the best rates and overall satisfaction. Each professional went through a rigorous screening process, then was reviewed by a panel of mortgage and real estate industry experts selected to participate in the process based on their experience and knowledge of the industry.
2-4 MONTHS FROM MOVING DATE
- Develop a personal checklist, including:
- Features you are looking for in a home
- Personal goals
- Apply at www.jillmeents.com
- Do not apply for any other credit. You don’t want to have your credit checked unnecessarily which could negatively impact your credit score
- Choose your realtor
- Recommendations for a realtor based on your personal needs can be provided by Jill
- Begin searching for properties with your realtor
1-2 MONTHS FROM MOVING DATE
- View properties with your realtor and choose a home
20-45 DAYS FROM MOVING DATE
- Make an offer on the best house for you
- Home inspection: choose an inspector and schedule an inspection immediately
- Arrange homeowners insurance
- Recommendations on an insurance agent can be provided by Jill
- Monitor mortgage process and provide documents to Jill, as required/requested
21-28 DAYS FROM MOVING DATE
- Start packing
7-14 DAYS FROM MOVING DATE
- Call moving companies to make moving arrangements
- File address changes with financial institutions, creditors, doctors, insurance, bills, post office, friends and family!
- Transfer utilities for your new home into your name
24-48 HOURS BEFORE CLOSING
- Verify any closing details with Jill
- Verify any final mortgage details with Jill and confirm the cash-to-close requirements
- Your realtor will arrange a walk-through of your new home
- Confirm time, date and location of closing
- Sign final loan documents
- Get the keys to your new home
- File for homestead classification as soon as possible, but no later than December 1st!